The Ultimate Yorkshire Pudding Recipe
I FINALLY did it. I discovered a recipe for yorkies that is better than the package!!! And those darn packages are so expensive! They want $1.99 for what I now know amounts to flour and beef powder, and it only makes 6 tiny yorkies. Not even huge popovers like I accomplished today.
Here it is people, one of my finest discoveries yet:
Vanderveen Brown Butter Yorkies
This is based on 5 eggs which yielded me 12 huge yorkies.
1 cup Milk
1 cup Flour
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon Liquid Beef Stock Concentrate
Giant hunk of Butter (about 1/6 of a stick)
2 tablespoons Canola Oil
1) Preheat Oven to 415 degrees.
2) So you take the eggs and crack them into a measuring cup. I was lucky and my eggs added up to exactly one cup. That becomes your measure for your milk and your flour. So if you had one cup of eggs, you’d add one cup milk and one cup flour. If you had 1.5 cups of eggs, you’d add 1.5 cups of milk and flour.
3) Mix this up well until there are no more lumps.
4) Add a tablespoon of beef stock liquid concentrate.
5) Add some salt.
6) Allow the mixture to stand and reach room temperature for as long as possible. Half hour is great.
7) Take a giant hunk of butter. Maybe about 1/6 of a stick and chuck it into a screaming hot pan. Place your muffin tin in the oven to get hot.
8) Keep your eye on the butter and keep it moving until the butter browns. This is when the dairy products in the butter begin to turn a nice golden brown. You should have a nice brown look to the bubbling butter. Once you have that, add 2 tbsp. of canola oil. This just lowers your smoking point on the mixture.
9) Pull your muffin tin out and place it on a cloth if you have granite. (Granite will suck the heat right out of the pan and you need it to stay hot.)
10) Scoop 1 teaspoon of bubbling hot brown butter mixture into each tin. Quickly pour in your yorkie mixture filling each cup about 1/3 to halfway-ish.
11) Quickly get it back into the oven and close the door as fast as you can. Do not open that sucker again for love or money until 16-20 minutes has gone by.
13) Come back to the vanderveenteam.com, and put comments on my blog which could include terms and phrases such as: “Creative Genius,” “Queen Among Women,” “Masterchef,” and the like.
The Vanderveen Team
Maxwell South Star Realty
Phone: 403.253.5678 Fax: 403.592.6736