Jaime had the idea to compile a list of the best pizza in SE Calgary (specifically Auburn Bay, Mahogany & Cranston) after so many requests on Facebook for people's personal preferences on pizza in the area. I (Rachel) fell in love with the idea immediately and asked her to write it. She stumbled briefly on the idea of quantifying the goodness of pizza and the impact it would have on small businesses, but I reminded her that this was a reality of a free market. (She's so cute and tender-hearted!)
So the list below is a result of Jaime's tireless research. She went and blended up the number of Facebook recommendations, Yelp reviews, and Trip Advisor ratings, and made this list of the best pizza places in SE Calgary. I trust her implicitly, since there is no one more detail-oriented then her. Important factors were considered, such as thickness of crust, cheesiness of cheese, and generousness of toppings. So without further delay, here you have it: the most recommended pizza establishments of Calgary's SE quadrant.
1. Jon's Pizza (Douglasdale): jonspizzacalgary.com - 403-236-2226
Heaven for your tastebuds, Jon's Pizza in Douglasdale has topped the list for years now, serving Calgary pizza since the 1980s. Thick crust or thin crust—it's a winner. Try the lasagna for an option as well. Jon's Pizza delivers to most SE communities.
2. Canadian Pizza (Cranston): canadianpizzaunlimited.ca - 403-310-8080
Always unlimited toppings! Don't miss out on the Donair pizza. Gluten free options available.
3. Panago (McKenzie Towne): panago.com - 403-310-0001
This super clean facility is quick and friendly. Seldom seen measuring ingredients on their pizzas and always a beautiful display of fresh cut ingredients. Try the Chicken Club pizza—there's no red sauce on this slice!
4. Olive Grove (Douglasglen): olivegrovepizzeria.ca - 403-236-5585
Family friendly pizzeria where chefs in striped t-shirts toss handmade pizzas. Grab the Olive Grove special. Even better that pies are 1/2 price on Mondays.
5. Sammy's Worlds Greatest Pizza (McLeod Trail): sammysworldsgreatestpizza.com - 403-254-2999
6. Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria: famoso.ca - 587-352-5566
A favorite dine-in location. Casual or romantic restaurant. Pizzas fired in an authentic bell-shaped oven imported from Italy.
7. Windsor Pizza Co. (10822 50th St SE): facebook.com/windsorpizzaco - 587-471-5800
"Traditional Windsor-style pizza."
8. Papa John's (Copperfield) papajohns.com - 403-726-7000
9. Getta Pizza (Bridlewood) gettapizza.ca - 403-254-4800
Family owned and operated!
10. Gondola Pizza (Acadia) just-eat.ca/restaurants-gondola-acadia - 403-259-4747
Finally, let me make a special shout out to Atlas Pizza & Sports Bar (Marlborough) atlaspizzasportsbar.com. Open since 1976. There's always major competition for the last piece in our house! Sadly, they don't deliver to the deep SE.
Nothing beats that melted cheese on top of that sweet crust. Grab a slice today!
The Vanderveen Team
Maxwell South Star Realty
Phone: 403.253.5678 Fax: 403.592.6736