It was a quiet Sunday afternoon, and we weren't sure what to make for dinner. We had a few veggies, a cupboard full of Costco spices, a couple pounds of bacon and a chicken. The under used rotisserie on the BBQ was calling out to us...
The result was the creation of Bacon Wrapped Rotisserie Chicken, but we like to call it "Heaven on a Stick"
Video Instructions for Bacon Wrapped Rotisserie Chicken
For those of you who would rather measure then shake, here are the approximate ingredient measurements:
- 2 lb chicken
- 2 lbs of bacon
- 2 small cooking onions
- 2 stalks of celery
- 2 medium carrots
Combine for Rub
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- Parchment Paper
- Prepare the stuffing by dicing the onions, celery and carrots. Set aside in a bowl.
- In another bowl combine ingredients for rub and set aside.
- Lay out a large piece of parchment paper. Begin to weave your bacon blanket (see video)
- Season your stuffing with a couple tbsp of rub mix. Stuff the bird.
- Tie the legs and apply rub to outside of chicken. It's called "rub" for a reason, rub it on all over.
- Tuck your bird into the bacon blanket by pulling one piece of parchment over and then the next side.
- Secure the bacon with twine.
- Insert the rotisserie rod and secure in place. Spin that bird!
- BBQ at medium low heat for 75 to 90 minutes. Internal temperature should read 165 degrees when cooked.
- Remove carefully from rotisserie, carve and enjoy!
I'd love to hear from anyone who tries this recipe. Was it amazing?!
The Vanderveen Team
Maxwell South Star Realty
Phone: 403.253.5678 Fax: 403.592.6736